This article aims to answer the following questions:
- Where can I find the license keys assigned to my company account?
- What is the difference between a temporary license and a permanent license?
- What does the license expiration date do?
- Can I use a license after it 'expires'?
- When renewing my license, is it necessary to re-install the licenses on my machine?
Where can I find the license keys assigned to my company account?
The license keys assigned to an account can be found in the "Product Keys" tab, after logging in on the Ecrion website.
What is the difference between a temporary license and a permanent license?
When added to a customer account, each license has an expiration date, which can be found in the "Updates Expire" column. A temporary license cannot be used after the expiration date, while a permanent one can still be used under certain circumstances.
What does the license expiration date do?
The license expiration date indicates:
- The last date from which you can use a build;
- This means you cannot use a build issued after the license expiration date with said license;
- This also means you cannot benefit from the latest product updates, unless you are up to date with the license maintenance;
- The last date for valid maintenance & support;
- The Support Team can offer their help and assistance to your requests only if you have a valid and updated license for said product.
- This means that normally they provide support only for the latest version of the software and try to find solutions in that version (unless you have a higher level of support, for custom versions of our software - get in touch with your Account Manager or talk to the Sales department if this caught your interest)
- This also means that they will answer all generic questions for your current build, but if there is an issue that requires a new build, the fix will be provided in the latest version of the software (exception: the custom build mentioned before).
- For build fixes, you will be required to upgrade your license in order to benefit from the solution.
- For temporary license, the last date when you can use that license.
- This means that, once the license expires, you need to either renew the expiration date, or purchase a permanent license in order to continue using our software.
Can I use a license after it 'expires'?
- For temporary licenses
- No :( But you do get to purchase a new, permanent one! :)
- For permanent licenses
- If you use an older build (issued before the license expiration date), then yes.
- If you want to use a newer build, then no.
When renewing my license, is it necessary to re-install the licenses on my machine?
When renewing the licenses, the license keys change to reflect the newly adjusted dates. However, this modification does not automatically translate to your installed licenses.
In order to install the newly updated keys, you need to uninstall the current keys and replace with the newly generated keys. But is it mandatory?
- For temporary licenses
- For permanent
- The re-installing of the license is not mandatory in order to keep the products working, if you do not plan on upgrading the software
- If you want to upgrade the software, yes.