The Live Rest API returns under the Response Code box the HTTP Status Code, along with a specific error message located under the Response Body box.
There are three types of errors when using Direct Render within EOS Publishing Engine REST API:
- HTTP Status 405 : This error indicates that the request method (GET) is not allowed on the requested resources;
- HTTP Status 415 : This error indicates that the request is an unsupported type;
- HTTP Status 500 : This error indicates that a generic error has occurred on the server.
Please note that each of these status codes is shown together with a more specific error message in order to help you troubleshoot the error. For more details regarding the errors encountered, you need to check the log file.
To enable the log file, please follow the steps below:
1. If you are using a Window machine:
- Open Management Console;
- Go to Server Manager -> Configuration -> EOS Publishing Engine -> Engine Settings -> Logging;
- Set the LogLevel property to 'Debug' and the DumpStackTraceOnError property to 'True';
- Restart the service;
- Run the test again in order to catch the error in the logs
- Open the log file (PublisherSvc.*.log) located here: C:\ProgramData\Ecrion\Log
2. If you are using a Linux machine:
- Search for the UDaemon.config file located here: /opt/Ecrion/Common. If the file does not exist, then you need to create it manually.
- To enable full logging, the following lines must be added at the end of the file:
- Save the file and restart the service:
- To stop the service, use the following command:
service ultrascaled stop
- To start the service, use the following command:
service ultrascaled start
- To restart the service, use the following command:
service ultrascaled restart
- The server will start generating logs in the specified 'Log' folder.
- Run the test again in order to catch the error in the logs.