Template Design – Working with Stylesheets
Ecrion Design Studio - Publisher offers the possibility of using CSS styling when creating templates, using one or multiple CSS stylesheets. The following article aims to cover the following topics:
- How to access the stylesheet customization options
- How to create stylesheets
- How to add/remove stylesheets to the template
- How to edit a stylesheet
- How to navigate between stylesheets
- How to embed stylesheets
1. How to access the stylesheet customization options
The functionality for CSS stylesheets can be accessed from two locations:
- From the View tab
- From the Ribbon navigate to the View tab;
- Select the Styles checkbox from the Show group.
- From the Home tab
- From the Ribbon navigate to the Home tab;
- Select the upper section of the Manage Styles split button from the Style group.
2. How to create stylesheets
To create a new stylesheet for your document you will need to:
- Open the Styles panel;
- Select the Options button;
- Select Create Stylesheet;
- Select the lower part of the Manage Styles split button in the Ribbon;
- From the dropdown, select Create Stylesheet.
3. How to add/remove stylesheets
Ecrion Design Studio allows the use of external stylesheets on templates, the same stylesheet can be used on multiple projects or by the whole company to preserve uniformity.
- From the contextual menu in the Styles panel, select Add Existing Stylesheet…;
- From the contextual menu in the Styles panel, select Remove Stylesheet.
4. How to edit a stylesheet
Stylesheets that are already used by templates can be modified via EDS Publisher by adding or removing styles. This can be achieved both by manually changing the CSS code and through EDS the interface.
• From the user interface, by clicking the Add new style button from the Styles panel.
- Click on the Option button in the Styles panel and from the dropdown select Open in Editor. Add the desired style, save the document and click on the Refresh button in the Styles pane in order to add style in the list.
Note: If the Stylesheet was modified in a different editor, you can hit the "Reload" button to refresh the file in the template.
5. How to navigate between stylesheets
Ecrion Design Studio allows the use of multiple stylesheets for the same template in order to keep the code separate and reuse CSS styles for certain sections.
- Open the Styles panel;
- Select the button Select Stylesheet in the upper right corner;
- Select the stylesheet you wish to navigate to.
6. How to embed stylesheets
Ecrion Design Studio Publisher can use external stylesheets in the form of CSS files by referencing them, or by embedding the stylesheets in the template.
To embed a CSS stylesheet open the Styles panel and select the option Embed Stylesheet.