This article describes the basic steps for evaluating Ecrion Develop™. Even if you are a prospect or already use another Ecrion product, to test Ecrion Develop™, you will need to create a trial account or Sign-In to your customer account.
Below you can find the detailed steps to obtain the Ecrion Develop™ trial:
Step 1: Sign in to your Ecrion Account
Already a user
To access your customer account:
- Go to the Ecrion Website and click on the Sign in button;
- Log in to your account using the username and the password.
If you are a new user, you will need to create a trial account first. To do this, you need to:
- Visit the Trial Account page;
- Fill out the form to sign up for a trial subscription using your company details;
- Click on the Sign-Up button to access the customer account;
- You will soon receive a Welcome Email with a link to activate the Ecrion account.
Step 2: Activate the Ecrion Develop™ trial
After you sign in to your Ecrion Account, to activate the Ecrion Develop™ trial, you will need to:
- Go to the Benefits section from your customer account;
- Click on the Activate Trial button below the Ecrion Develop™ product;
- In the new dialog opened, click on the Activate Trial button to start your trial period;
- At this point, you will see the following notification: "Your trial has started. Sign in to your trial environment";
- Clicking the Sign in button will redirect you to the Ecrion Develop™ login page. Use your Ecrion Account email and password to login in Ecrion Develop™;
- Watch and follow the tutorial steps;
- Enjoy your Ecrion Develop trial environment.
All users can request a trial for Ecrion Develop™, with some limitations:
- Users that already obtained an Ecrion Develop™ trial account, will not be able to get a new one;
- Users that have a company name matching an existing environment in Ecrion Develop™, will not be able to get a trial. If so, the following notification will appear: "Cannot set environment name. Another environment with the same name already exists. Please change the organization name".
In both cases, please reach out to email@example.com to obtain information on how to get a permanent license or extend the trial license.
Step 3: Get acquainted with Ecrion Develop™
The trial version helps you get familiar with the features and functionalities of the Ecrion Develop™ software, and also, it helps you decide how the software can bring benefits to your organization. Below, you can see what can you do with Ecrion Develop™ once signed up.
Explore Project Ideas
Ecrion Develop™ includes a large suite of sample projects from various domains, ready to inspire users to set up their own project designs. To see the projects, you will need to access the Project Ideas tab.
Run Code Samples
To run the samples, select the Code Samples tab available under the Developer tile from the Ecrion Develop™ welcome page. After the first login, generate an API key to be able to run the code samples.
Another aspect of the trial is that you can access the Live REST API page that allows you to accomplish essentially anything that can be done through the user interface. More information about the REST API page can be found here.
Step 4: Install Ecrion Design Studio to create custom templates
Ecrion Design Studio is a visual design tool that provides advanced functionalities to create both traditional and modern documents, fully interactive communications. It contains the following products:
- EDS Publisher, that allows users to create dynamic documents from any data source;
- EDS Data Modeler, that provides all the features and functionality required to create data schemas and design data retrieval processes;
- EDS BI Architect, a dashboard design application that allows users to visualize, filter, analyze and interpret enterprise data.
- EOS Drive, an additional tool, used to map and synchronize files between Ecrion Develop™ and personal computer.
The Ecrion Design Studio tool can be downloaded from the Software tab, available under the Developer tile from the Ecrion Develop™ welcome page. Installing EDS is a quick and simple process, you will only need to follow the prompt instruction to finish the process. Once the installation is done, you will need to log in to one of the Ecrion Design Studio products, using the Ecrion Account credentials and request a trial.
Once the EDS trial is enabled, a connection to the Ecrion Develop™ will be automatically created and all Ecrion Omni System workspace files will be visible in EOS Drive.
Using EOS Drive, users have the possibility to open, edit or remove existing workspace files, or add new custom folders or templates using personal data. Once a new folder or file is created in EOS Drive, it will be automatically added to the workspace, from which the desired outputs can be generated using the Ecrion Develop API.