Using the People module from Ecrion Engage™, you will be able to track and manage the persons you do business with. In addition, if you want to keep your customers updated by sending them regular emails, the Lists feature available in Ecrion Engage™ is the best fit for your enterprise.
This walkthrough describes the basic steps for sending mass email using Ecrion Engage™.
Step 1: Accessing the People module
1. Start by accessing the People module from your home screen.
2. Using People, you can manage Accounts, Contacts, and Lists:
- From Accounts, you can store, view and manage information about organizations or persons involved with your enterprise.
- Contacts provide access to all individual Contacts and Leads in your organization.
- Lists are useful when you want to group Contacts for a specific purpose, such as sending mass emails.
Note: We highly recommend enabling synchronization with your CRM to keep your Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics Contacts and Leads in sync with Ecrion. If the synchronization is enabled, Ecrion will reconcile with your CRM every 30 minutes. You can also trigger the synchronization manually using the More drop-down menu. More Details regarding synchronization are available under EOS User Guide.
3. New Contacts and Leads can be created manually at any time. You can also use the Import command to load Contacts from a CSV file. When importing, you can choose how the values in the CSV are being mapped to Contact fields. For more details, please visit EOS User Guide.
4. When you group Contacts in lists, you can also choose from static or dynamic lists:
- If the list is static, new contacts can be manually added;
- If the list is dynamic, contacts will be added automatically if they satisfy a set of rules. When editing rules, you can choose any Contact or parent Account fields, as well as Engagement properties (such as Persona or current Touchpoint).
Step 2: Sending mass emails
1. The first step when sending a mass email is to select the desired list from the Lists page.
2. Next, click on the Send Bulk Communication command available in the upper right corner of the lists toolbar. You will be prompted to use a communication.
3. By default, when running a mass email job, you will see a detailed view of all the emails generated when sending the communication.
4. You can also configure the communication template to display a summary view of the job instead. If you would like to view the Summary view when running that communication you can specify that in the communication’s Properties.
5. To view the past mass-email jobs, you will need to access the Documents\On-Demand module. From there, click on the Communication column to view only the jobs for a specific Communication.
Step 3: Managing subscriptions
Lists can also be used to manage users that subscribe to various updated sent by your organization. To configure subscriptions, you need to:
1. Select the list of which you want to configure the subscriptions from the Lists page.
2. Click on the More button located in the upper right corner of the lists toolbar.
3. Select Properties.
4. To allow your contacts to unsubscribe, you need to check the Allow Contacts to unsubscribe option.
5. When a communication is sent to a list configured as a subscription, a footer will be automatically added to all emails that are being sent.
6. Subscriptions will show up in the Email Preference Center and users will be able to unsubscribe.
Step 4: Managing Communication Templates
Communication templates can be managed from the Design\Communication module. To create a new communication you will need to select the +New Communication button from the upper right corner of the Communication toolbar. When creating new communication templates, you can choose from a list of predefined packages. Choose Email Blast to create a new communication template suitable for mass email.