Pivot tables are a way of analyzing and summarizing large amounts of data in just a few clicks. Ecrion Design Studio offers this functionality with the use of Publisher, Data Modeler and Architect.
To use the pivot table functionality in you will need to
- Convert the XML file to an Excel output;
- Convert Excel to an In-Memory Database;
- Create the pivot table;
- Use the pivot table in the template.
1. Convert the XML file to an Excel output
An option would be to open the XML Data Source with Microsoft Excel (As an xml table) and create a new .xlsx file. An Excel file is mandatory for the following steps.
2. Convert Excel to an In-Memory Database
- Open the Data Modeler from the Ecrion Design Studio suite;
- From the File tab, select New and BI in-memory analytics;
- Use a file as input (the newly created .xlsx file);
- Save the file as an In-Memory Database Diagram (*.edm).
3. Create the pivot table
- Open the Architect from Ecrion Design Studio;
- From the File tab, select New;
- Use the *.edm file created in the previous section as Data Source;
- The newly created Dashboard will be saved with the *.bid extension;
- Select one of the sections of the dashboard and then proceed to insert the pivot table;
- From the Ribbon, navigate to the Insert section
- In the Visualization group you will find the Pivot table button;
- Define the table as needed and insert it;
- Save the file created with the EDS Architect.
4. Use the pivot table in the template
- Open your template in the EDS Publisher;
- From the Ribbon, navigate to the Insert section;
- Select the Widgets button from the Objects group;
- Select the dashboard containing the pivot table;
- Import the pivot table in the template.