This article describes the basic steps for mapping and synchronizing files between Ecrion Converse™ and Ecrion Design Studio, using EOS Drive.
EOS Drive is an additional tool included in Ecrion Design Studio. Using EOS Drive, users have the possibility to open, edit or remove existing workspace files, or add new custom folders or templates using personal data. Once a new folder or file is created in EOS Drive, it can be added to the workspace, automatically or manually, from which the desired outputs can be generated using the Ecrion Converse™ API.
Step 1 - Installing Ecrion Design Studio
- Access the Enterprise Home website of the Ecrion Converse™;
- Select the Software tile from the Developer menu;
- Download and install Ecrion Design Studio.
- Sign in to your Ecrion Account;
- Go to Benefits;
- Download and install Ecrion Design Studio.
Step 2 - Accessing EOS Drive
- Access the Windows Taskbar;
- Click on the EOS Drive icon from the system tray.
- Open the Windows Start menu and type EOS Drive;
- Select the EOS Drive tool.
Step 3 - Connect to Ecrion Converse™
1. Under the EOS Drive tool, click on the Connect button;
2. Fill out the form using your Ecrion Converse™ credentials:
- Server URL: add the URL of the Ecrion Converse™ website;
- Username and Password: you need to add the username and password used to log in to the Enterprise Home website;
- Environment: the field is optional, you need to add the Environment name that contains the project files that you want to synchronize;
- Local Folder: indicates the path from your disk drive where you want to deploy the files;
- Select Synchronize files automatically option (which is checked by default) if you need the workspaces from Ecrion Converse™ to be instantly mapped locally on the disk.
3. Click on the Connect button to access the EOS Drive.
Step 4 - Get acquainted with EOS Drive.
EOS Drive displays the Workspaces data hierarchically, including Content Library, and permits files to be opened directly from the list with the corresponding tool. For example, if you need to access Insurance Communication, Insurance Policy Project, Form.edx file, you double-click on it and it will open directly with Ecrion Design Studio tool.
After getting connected with EOS Drive, you can perform the following actions:
- Change Workspace: under EOS Drive tool, you can see all the files from a specific workspace. To change the workspace, click on the Select Workspace button located in the upper left corner of the tool.
- Visit Local Folder: the local folder indicates the location from your disk drive where the Ecrion Converse™ files are being stored. To view it, click on the Open Local Folder (the folder icon) button located in the upper right corner, next to the Options menu.
- Get Latest Version: after you set up EOS Drive, you should get the latest version of your files from Ecrion Converse™. To do this, click on the More Options button located next to the name of the file, then select Get Latest Version. To get the latest update for all files from the Workspace, select the same option from the Options menu located on the upper right side of the EOS Drive tool. The option is available only if the Synchronize files automatically option is NOT checked.
- Check out for Edit: when you begin editing a file on your local machine, it is automatically checked out to you. To manually check out files, click on the More Options button next to the desired file, and select Check Out for Edit. The option is available only if the Synchronize files automatically option is NOT checked.
- Check-in pending changes: after editing a file in EOS Drive, to upload the latest version in Ecrion Converse™, you should click on the More Options button next to the desired file and select Check in Pending Changes. The option is available only if the Synchronize files automatically option is NOT checked.
- Add Folder: click on the Add Folder option from the More Options menu located in the upper right corner of the EOS Drive tool, if you want to browse for a specific folder on your local disk and open it directly in EOS Drive. The option is also available for every single file.
- New Folder: click on the New Folder option from the More Options menu located in the upper right corner of the EOS Drive tool if you want to add a new folder through EOS Drive and have access to it directly through EOS. The option is also available for every single file.
- Manage Accounts: click on the Accounts option from the More Options menu located in the upper right corner of the EOS Drive tool if you want to switch between your Ecrion Converse™ accounts. Here, you can configure accounts in EOS Drive, either by adding a new account or changing properties within current one. To switch between accounts, use the Set Active option, available in the Options menu of the Configure Accounts toolbar.