This article offers a guide on how to work with data source options within the Ecrion Design Studio – Publisher tool.
- Open a Publisher template that has a data source assigned;
- Go to “View” tab, under the ribbon and from the “Show” section, select the “Data Source” option;
- The Data Source pane will be opened on the right side of the page, but you can freely resize or move it wherever you want on the Design Surface;
- Select the “More Options” button, next to the name of the data source file (ex. Invoices.xml) to reveal a contextual menu.
- From the “More Options” menu you can choose from various options, based on your needs:
- Choose the “Select” option to assign a different file as a data source for your document template;
- Select “Open”, if you want to want to preview and edit the document in the “XML View”. A new Publisher editor window will launch where you will be able to make adjustments to the data source programmatically;
- Select “Delete”, if you want to remove the currently assigned data source;
- Select “Save”, when you have been editing fields within a data source and you need to save the current version over the existing data source;
Note: Once an edit operation has been made, a red asterisk character next to the name of the data source will be displayed. After “Save”, the asterisk will be removed until a later edit is made.
- Click on the green “Reload” button, if you want to reload the data source from its original location, discarding the properties you have previously changed;
- If using XSD Schema, select “Reload Schema” to reload the schema from its original location;
- Choose “Select Schema”, if you want to validate the .xml format assigned as a data source with the structure in a XML Schema File (.xfd).