This article will look at how to insert a conditional text section using the custom insert option. Conditional text is used to show or hide content in line depending upon a test of your data source.
- Open a Publisher template that has a data source assigned or a blank template and assign a data source.
- Navigate to the “Insert” tab from the ribbon and select the “Conditional Text” button.
- From the contextual menu displayed, select the “Custom Condition” option to create your own customized conditional text section.
- From the “Insert Conditional Text” dialog you will need to set your initial condition for the text section.
a. Select the data point to base your condition on (ex. price).
b. Select your condition type, from the available options, such as: “Based on occurrence”, “Based on numeric value” or “Based on text value”. (ex. Based on numeric value)
c. Specify the value of the conditional test and the value that is met when the condition
is true (ex. Insert Conditional Text if product’s price is less than 100)
d. Once you have made the configurations regarding the condition, select “Insert” to add the conditional text section to the design surface.
- In the Design Surface the conditional text section is inserted, with sections – for both, when the condition(s) is set to true or when the condition is not met. The placeholders will give you indications of what the condition is set up to test.
- You can test the final output, on the “Print View” mode, from the Ribbon and check if the condition is correctly configured.