This article will look at how to sort content in a repeating paragraph section within Ecrion Publisher tool. When working with repeating content such as paragraphs in your document templates, a common need is to sort the content you are presenting in the output based upon certain criteria.
- Open a Publisher that has a repeating paragraph section;
- From the Design Surface select the repeating paragraph for which you want to apply sorting to;
- From the Paragraph contextual tab, select the “Sort” button;
- From the “Edit Sort” dialog, select the “Add rule” button;
- In the “Add Sort Criteria” dialog, select a data point from the data source that you want to base the sort criteria of or “Create Expression” to build a more complex expression;
- Select “Insert” and the sort criteria will be added in the “Edit Sort” dialog. You will need to modify the order, data type, and the case order if the data type is string. When you have made the edits, select “Apply”;
- You can examine the preview of the output by switching to the “Print View” mode.