This article will look at how to edit data in the data source within Ecrion Publisher tool. One of the great feature of Publisher is the capability to edit your sample data source directly in the application without having to modify the XML source file.
- Open a Publisher template that has a data source assigned.
- Select the “Data Source” option from the Home tab. You will notice that the Data Source Pane will be opened.
- Expand the parent fields in the data source to see the whole structure and select an attribute which you need to edit.
- Select the “Options” menu next to the field’s name and choose the “Edit Item” option from the list.
- The “Edit Element” dialog allows you to modify the available field’s properties according to your needs. When finished, select the “Save” button to successfully update the properties.
- The changes can also be noticed in the Data Source Pane.
Note: Once an edit operation has been made, a red asterisk character will be displayed next to the name of the data source. After “Save”, the asterisk will be removed until a later edit is made.