This article will take a look at how to assign different data source types within Ecrion Design Studio Publisher.
- From an opened Publisher template, access the Data Source Pane.
- Select the “Browse” button from the Data Source Pane.
- Search through your local files using Windows Explorer dialog.
- Ecrion Publisher supports many types of input, such as XML Data and Schema Files (.xml, .xsd), Data Modeler Diagram Files (.edx, .dax), Ecrion Form Files (.efd) or Spreadsheet Files (.csv, .xlsx). To change the input type simply, select the “Common Data Files” drop down menu and choose the required option from the list.
Note: It is important to note, that if you are using a .csv or .xlsx file as the input data source the Publisher will automatically generate a Ecrion Data Model file (.edx) to be used.
- The data source will now be visible in the Data Source Pane.